Monday 9 December 2013

Epic Game Music: Mass Effect 3


Mass Effect 3, is the third and possibly final installment of the awesome Mass Effect trilogy. Whilst the ending of this game was considered a crime by its fan-base, the thing that haunted me after this film was not the unanswered questions or the stunning cinematic sequences, it was in fact the music, and this song titled "Leaving Earth" in particular. Whenever I heard it my heartstrings were tugged and I felt the tears well up behind my eyes (seriously, this game made me cry). This song stood out among many of the others within the soundtrack for reasons that will make you shiver. Firstly the most striking thing for me in this piece is the piano that plays a few simple notes that just resonate and give so much depth to the music. It's as if i should feel happy, but sad too and this is also emphasized with the triumphant blast  of the trumpets and other brass instruments that empower the music even further. This is probably one of my most treasured pieces of video game music.

No comments:

Post a Comment