Tuesday 10 December 2013

Epic Film Music: World War Z



World War Z is a really awesome film. It's a zombie film sure, but presented on a global and epically intense scale. But what really makes it special to me is the main plot for the film, as I find it isn't really focused on the survival of our main character, even though that is a major part of it. Instead I feel that it is more engaged in telling the origins of what caused the pandemic and subsequently understanding the 'Zekes' or zombies. I think that the music echoes this perfectly through the quick, mysterious piano which is why I find the music so haunting in the way it suggests that there is something to be discovered and understood which could be potentially quite beautiful. Similarly the piano within this piece is almost like the Mass Effect 3 song.

No comments:

Post a Comment